Estates General ManagerWarminster, Wiltshire Thomas Search
Our client is a leading provider of Facilities Management and Support Services to a large and diverse commercial portfolio of MoD assets in Wiltshire and Hampshire.
We have an exciting new opportunity for an Estates General Manager to be responsible for the operational estates management and strategic development of Larkhill and Warminster Garrisons in Wiltshire. Through outstanding leadership the successful individual will ensure a safe, compliant and efficient estate.
* Ensure the adoption QHSE policies and procedures.
* Ensure the adoption of safe working practices during the maintenance and repair of the estate.
* Manage the Safe Systems of Work for all estate related activities.
* Deliver sub-contractor management in line with the above.
* Develop a team culture that delivers exemplary health and safety performance.
* Deliver a compliant Estate in line with statutory requirements and Good Industry Practice.
* Provide concise reports on all areas of responsibility.
* Ensure an accurate asset database is collated, updated and maintained in line including the management of maps, drawings, asset plans, RDSs and warranties.
* Manage and maintain the Building Management Systems to enhance 'first time fix' and building performance.
* Ensure the estate is surveyed to inform the development of the annual Lifecycle Plan and Annual Maintenance Plan.
* Be responsible for the management and co-ordination of estates functions including Maintenance, Asset and Data.
* Act as the key interface with Capital Projects to ensure that works and services issues are effectively coordinated.
* Continually review the provision of estates services to identify areas for improvement.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Industry recognised qualification in engineering, building services or facilities management (preferably chartered).
* NEBOSH General
* Significant experience of managing a diverse team delivering Estates Management Services including engineering workforce, surveyors, data teams and other specialist groups.
* Experience of working in public sector, an MoD and/or military environment desirable
* An excellent understanding of Estates Management of commercial and government asset portfolios.
* Understanding of Life Cycle fund management and PFI contractual regimes
* Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communications skills. Articulate, dynamic and passionate communicator.
* Experienced user of Microsoft Excel with familiarity with other Micro Soft products (Word, Project, Access)
* Outstanding report writing skills