Tunbridge Wells, Kent
My client is an industry leading provider of structural insurance warranty provider with an international presence and a respected brand. Due to continued growth they are now looking for a Major Projects Surveying Manager in the South East.
* To support the Major Projects team in ensuring large high rise and/or complex projects, including major projects are effectively and efficiently risk managed, ensuring adequate resource and planning are in place.
* To provide support and engage in the commercial development of their territory, working with other departments to maximise opportunity to meet and exceed growth budgets.
* This role would be suitable for: an experienced Risk Management Surveyor, Senior Building Surveyor/Inspector in house build within the full life cycle of the build.
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties of this role will include, but not limited to:-
To manage the overall technical risk management for major projects developments and those that fall into the appropriate category requiring the enhanced audit process from initial enquiry to completion.
* Interact with internal resource and external consultants to ensure appropriate level of competence is applied to the audit.
* Support and develop a designated team of Major Projects Surveyors, including mentoring and arranging training with management as required to achieve core competencies and, ensuring they work to agreed risk management standards.
* Undertake site inspections to support Major Projects Surveyors to ensure agreed risk management is being applied during construction.
* Monitor service levels to ensure they are maintained to all relevant sites, with appropriate priority given to high risk projects.
* Monitor site specific KPI’s, relating to service delivery and appropriate risk management with a target of continuous improvement.
* Contribute to Knowledge Management Articles, newsletters & technical articles and other internal reviews of the business.
* Attendance at technical meetings, sales and management meetings.
* Ongoing liaison with Surveyors on technical matters – must ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
* Provide advice to the Marketing and Underwriting Departments on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.
* Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
Experience / Skills
* Qualified Surveyor / Engineer (MRICS, MBEng, MIStructE, or similar)
* Relevant post qualification experience.
* In depth technical knowledge of Building Regulations
* Experience in high rise storey developments
* Technical and / or warranty experience in high rise construction techniques.
* Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
* Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
* Management skills in coordinating internal and external resource in apply our risk management process.
* Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
* Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals.
* The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
* In depth working knowledge of MS Office
* Ability to use own initiative.
* Full Driving Licence for use in the UK.
About ATS Recruitment
ATS Recruitment are a specialist agency supplying skilled candidates into the engineering and construction industries on both a permanent and contract basis. We are extremely experienced and knowledgeable about the sectors we recruit into and have several large national (UK) and international clients who repeatedly use our services