My client are seeking an Assistant and an Intermediate Quantity Surveyor to work on their development in Sunderland.
The development consists of 26 bungalows 90, 3 and 4 new build properties in timber frame construction with associated roads, sewers and external works with a contract sum of £13.3m.
This is part of their expansion into the North East Region with ambitious growth plans in this area and across the Midlands and North of England.
The candidate must have significant house building experience and demonstrate a strong record of managing projects in this geographical area.
They are looking for industry leading professionals, so must be degree qualified, with 2 to 3 years post graduate experience.
· Salary – Negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
· Car Allowance
· Healthcare – for individual
· Bonus scheme
· Mobile phone
· Holidays 25 days per year plus statutory bank holidays
· Payment of annual membership fees for professionally qualified staff e.g. MCIOB, FCIOB, RICS
· Professional and Personal Development Training
· Demonstrable record of delivering high volume housing schemes.
· Supply chain procurement and order placement in line with programme deadlines.
· Commercial management of supply chain on site including valuation and payment notices, managing variations, dispute resolution.
· Input of payment information into accounts system in line with company deadlines to ensure supply chain paid in a timely manner.
· Ensure all cost information is checked and validated, and all accruals are submitted to ensure accurate costs are presented to client for draw down of funding.
· Cost value reconciliation and forecasting final out turn of scheme to ensure budgets are fully managed and financial risk identified.
· Present CVR information at monthly meeting with Senior Management and Directors and resolve any actions instructed.
· Administration of bonus scheme for direct labour on site.
· Provide support to Company Estimator through cost information, support with tender send outs to assist in budgeting for new schemes.
The role will predominantly be site based with the requirement to attend meetings 1 to 2 days per month in head office in Salford.
We envisage that this role will provide the successful candidate with an ideal opportunity to grow with the business as it delivers in exciting expansion plans and will put a personal development plan in place with the successful candidate with a view to developing them to a Senior Quantity Surveyor position and beyond.